Thursday, March 22, 2012

What Matters Most

My father, who is serving in our ward Bishopric had this silly idea that I should give a message this Sunday during our service. I wanted to decline so badly for the following reasons:

  • I've got an exam tomorrow, a very important project due by early next week, and another exam later next week. And I really got to prepare for those.
  • I'm been a very bad girl lately and I really don't feel like speaking in front of many when I feel so unworthy myself.
However, I have no say on the subject. And tonight, I found this copy of the Gospel Principles that teaches me that it's Satan's work to make one feel unworthy of our Heavenly Father's blessings and comfort. So here am I looking for a topic when I'm have an exam tomorrow. 

And I decided on making LIFE as my topic. Our lives' journey here on earth. This seems to be a very general topic to cover but I have some really great things to share and I hope the Lord will guide and bless me in preparation for it this Sunday.

Anyway, upon looking through General Conference talks here in the internet, I, once again came across this video 'What Matters Most' taken from a talk by President Thomas S. Monson. The same talk which I'll be referring to this Sunday. 

Anyway, this video never failed to touch me. It never failed to make me feel grateful about my family and it never failed to make me love my family, friends and neighbors more. So, i thought I could share it here as well...


We should never assume. . . We should let them know.

They do not love, that do not show their love. - William Shakespeare

Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.

Read the entire talk here.



No comments:

Post a Comment