Thursday, July 19, 2012

Love Story

Love Story by Erich Segal

He is Oliver Barett IV, a rich jock from a stuffy WASP family on his way to a Harvard degree and a career in law.

She is Jenny Cavilleri, a wisecracking working-class beauty studying music at Radcliffe.

Opposites in nearly every way, Oliver and Jenny immediately attract, sharing a love that defies everything ... yet will end too soon. Here is a love that will linger in your heart now and forever

-----------------------------

I just read this short book almost ten minutes ago, and I can still feel it. The story is a typical, cheesy and romantic love story. They met, fall in love, got married and had to face certain inevitable facets of our lives.

However, the marvelous thing about this timeless classic story was the way it pulled my heartstrings and triggered the tears behind my lids to flow out. I've seen this book on bookstores years ago and took advantage of the fact that it's so thin to start it. But I never really got the chance to continue and finish it just at this hour. And believe me, what best way for me to end the day.

So, to the finest points of the story, I would praise Segal (may he rest in peace) for the writing style. It is so direct to the point. And yet all the factors for a great romantic story and a tearjerker book is in the book. I just love it. And our heroine's wit is so cool, I just want to be a smart-ass like her yet still be a kindhearted and romantic one. 

Reading this had been very quick but this is a story one would not simply start to forget in a minute. I am so glad I picked this out among the other books in my library. Nothing beats a day when you finished reading a good, touching book.

"Love means not ever having to say you're sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment