Monday, July 2, 2012

Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
--------
The sequel to the great book Delirium, Pandemonium surely did not disappoint. Upon reading Delirium, I'm at awed at how real that dystopian world was. With all those laws and the cool name of the love-disease Amor -Deliria Nervosa and it's nerve wracking ending that absolutely left me hanging! 

And thankfully, Pandemonium did not just live under the shadows of the first book, rather, it was just as beautifully written as the first one. And I absolutely love the idea of the then  and now  sort of thing. But the best thing? The best thing was the one-word ending! Totally! I live and breathe one-word endings. Those endings that left you hanging without putting any other words and its up for the reader to complete the thought and muse about everything. I would say that if I would be a famous writer in the future (and I hope I will be) I will end all my works with one-word endings (unless it's entirely not cool for the book) cause they're that awesome. And I can say that Oliver nailed it! 

And only one down-side of the story was it is 'fairly predicatable. Nothing I haven't heard before.' But still its a must-read book and I really hope the next and last book would not disappoint.( i.e. focus on love triangles and fathom how pitiful the girl is because of her confused emotions.) *Laughs. I guess, I did spoil it for you. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment