Monday, September 24, 2012

The Depths of My Heart

There's this Facebook application called "Message From God", where everyday, one is given a quotation which is assumed to come from God. Believe me, the illusion is really helpful. So you see, I've been using this app for years, though not in the recent past. But more or less a couple of years ago, I had this particular message from this app that I just can't seem to part with. 

You can find a balance now between your easygoing style and a more direct approach to emotional disclosure. It's important for you to know that others can see past your clever wit and into your soul today, so resist telling the next joke or funny story to lighten the conversation. Sink into the depths of your heart and just feel what's going on for a change.

I just can't fathom how true these words are. The words easygoing style, clever wit, and the fact the I do really tell  jokes or funny stories to lighten to the conversation. It hit. Bull's eye.

This is years ago, but somehow, right now, I am in dire need of that balance, emotional disclosure and that feeling to really know what's going on for a change. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment